Helping seniors understand Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance options.
I-CARE stands for Insurance Counseling Assistance and Referral for Elders and SMP Senior Medicare Patrol a federally funded program to provide health insurance counseling for Medicare, Medicare Supplement, Medicare Savings program, Medicare Advantage Plans and Senior Medicare Fraud programs. It is also known as the State Health Insurance Assistance Program or SHIP.
An I-CARE specialist is here to:
- Help you understand your current Medicare benefits
- Provide Medicare Enrollment Information for Part A, B, C, and D.
- Part D annual open enrollment 2011 October 15 – December 7
- Assist with LIS (low income subsidy) application processing to help you with the cost of your Medicare Prescription Drug plan
- Assist with QMB and SLMB application screening to help with your Medicare Part A and/or Part B premium
- Provide free handbooks and brochures about Medicare and Supplement Health Insurance
- Explain and assist with Medicare / Medicaid Fraud
Give clear, objective information in complete confidence – FREE OF CHARGE
- Click HERE* for Guide to mailings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Medicare & You Handbook download: http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/Pubs/pdf/10050.pdf
**Downloads Require Free Adobe Reader download the current adobe reader